Monday, 20 July 2015

Answers to Common Workman's Compensation Questions

If you get injured at work, you are going to have a lot of questions about what comes next. As a way to help you better understand your situation, here are some answers to common questions related to Massachusetts workman's compensation.

Can I Be Reimbursed for Travel Expenses?

If you have been injured at work and have had to incur traveling expenses because of it, you may be able to get reimbursement for these expenses. Currently, the rate for mileage in these types of cases is $0.45 per mile. Other expenses that may be covered include taxi service and parking.

What Medical Records Does my Attorney Need?

While there isn't one answer that will cover this for every person, a good rule of thumb is to allow your attorney access to any medical records they ask for. Sometimes a worker may feel that certain records may not have a direct relation to their case or they may feel that they are too sensitive for others to see. When defending you, an attorney must be aware of all arguments your employer and their insurance company lawyers may use, including medical history.

Are Workers Paid 'Under the Table' Eligible?

This is a very tough but fairly common question. The first thing you should do is contact a Massachusetts workman's compensation attorney. They can help decide if you are considered an employee according to the Massachusetts Workers Compensation Act and the next steps to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment